SuperCamp’s Junior Forum is for middle school students aged 11-14. Students discover their individual learning styles, develop skills for managing a heavier academic schedule, and learn how to deal with increased social pressure.
Junior Forum lays the foundation to prepare your middle school student for success. Students learn the why behind how they learn. They start to realize that they are in charge of their learning, and understand how their brain processes information. Like all SuperCamp programs, Junior Forum focuses on academic, life and career skills. With this younger group, we dive deeper into three key areas that are essential for middle school success:
- Time Management: With six different teachers, heavier homework loads and more extracurricular activities, time management is one of the most important skills for pre-teens to master. SuperCamp teaches students to take ownership of their time.
- Quantum Strategies: Middle school students are very literal. At SuperCamp we break down the learning process, so that students know what they have to do in school every day to do better. Our 10-24-7 system helps students learn and retain content from the time the lesson is introduced. We give them a concrete structure of how to study so that they’re prepared to do well on homework, quizzes, projects and tests.
- Communication: In 21st Century learning, communication is considered one of the most important skills for students to grasp. At Junior Forum, students learn to communicate with teens from different areas, schools and backgrounds. Using our system for clear communication students have the opportunity to step on stage for public speaking, express their thoughts with our Think In Ink writing process, and understand best practices for interacting with parents, teachers, and peers.
Junior Forum provides students with a foundation of leadership skills that will begin to help them immediately in academic group projects and extracurricular activities. The 8 Keys of Excellence are the cornerstone of the Junior Forum leadership training. This set of principles to live by helps students gain a sense of who they are and what they stand for, which is a key aspect of becoming a great leader.
SuperCamp’s Senior Forum is for high school students aged 14-18. Our graduates learn strategies to build study skills, ease school stress, embrace leadership and increase test scores.
Senior Forum prepares your high school student for success by teaching students how to apply critical thinking to everything they do. Teens learn what is important to them, why they learn the way they do, and how to apply a variety of strategies. Like all SuperCamp programs, Senior Forum focuses on academic, life and career skills. With high school students we dive deeper into three key areas that are essential for high school and college-prep success:
- Learning Techniques: At SuperCamp your child will learn a wide range of specialized strategies applicable in any learning situation. Knowing how to apply each one in the appropriate setting is just as important as learning the strategies themselves. Our goal is to give students the ability to discern what will work best in each situation, and empower them to make a web of connections among the strategies in the Quantum Learning system.
- Emotional and Relational Strategies: Senior Forum is a major pattern interrupt for teens. Everything in their life shifts for 8 days. They’re living in a college dorm room, eating in a campus cafeteria, and are surrounded by a brand new group of friends from around the world. Separated from technology, students learn how to communicate without a cell phone, iPad, or other electronic device in their hands. We teach them communication strategies that build relationships, including our OTFD process to resolve conflict and our four-part apology to take ownership of their actions. These create positive patterns to apply in their lives when they return home.
- Reputation Management: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and other social networks are integrated into every aspect of a 21st century teen’s life. This generation of “digital natives” is all about sharing everything they do from eating to major events in their lives. At SuperCamp we understand the importance of representing yourself in a positive light online. College recruiters and employers all look at online activity to determine a student’s character. Teens learn about FIMAGE (fear of image) and are given the support to effectively manage their online reputation.
Senior Forum integrates the 8 Keys of Excellence principles to live by into all aspects of our program. Students gain valuable leadership experience as they explore ways they can take Ownership of their actions, motivate others when they Speak with Good Purpose, and see a project to completion with Commitment. They learn the importance of Integrity in a leader and understand that Failure Leads to Success.